Truths Which Aid Forgiveness
Robert Elias Najemy
Some truths which will help us forgive others are (some are based on various
spiritual beliefs or Christian concepts which might not be acceptable to you
or the subject):
1. All happens according to a divine plan which brings me exactly what I need
at every stage of my evolutionary process in order to learn the next lesson.
2. Others are simply actors in my life drama, the script of which I write
3. Others are the hands of the divine showing me the direction in which I must
4. All are souls in evolution, who act negatively out of ignorance and fear.
5. Forgiving does not mean saying that what the other did was right, it simply
means that I forgive his ignorance and weakness as a fellow soul in the
6. Forgiving does not make me vulnerable. Still needing something (security,
affirmation, love ) from the other makes us vulnerable. Forgiving and loving
without needing any thing from the other is my real protection.
7. I am the sole creator of my reality. I abuse others when I hold them
responsible for what I create.
8. I have the power to create my life and need not hide behind excuses that I
cannot because of something which others have done or are doing.
9. As souls in the process of evolution we all make many mistakes. This is
natural. What is unnatural is not forgiving ourselves and others for these
10. The other is a divine creation. Although he may not realize it, the divine
is functioning through him. Not forgiving him, is to not forgive the divine.
11. We create as much pain in the world when we feel hurt as when we hurt.
And the words of Christ
12. "Let he who has not sinned, throw the first stone."
13. "Judge not, that you be not Judged."
14. "You will be judged with the strictness with which you have judged."
15. Peter asked Christ, "How many times should we forgive someone for what he
has done, seven times?" Christ answered, " No Peter, Seven times seventy
See also truths for forgiving ourselves.
(Robert Elias Najemy's recently released book "The Psychology of Happiness"
(ISBN 0-9710116-0-5) is available at
His writings can be viewed at
http://www.HolisticHarmony.com where you can also download FREE
articles and e-books.)
Subscriptions are $12 a year,
$20 for two years
Lifetime Subscription: $150
(5 magazines each issue) $22 a year or
$35 for 2 years
please click to our
The Compleat Mother Magazine
Richmond, Illinois 60071
Phone: (815) 678-7531