Questions to ask when
SELECTING YOUR MIDWIFE
- How long has she been a midwife?
- Where did she attain her training?
- How many births did she attend while under supervision?
- How many children does she have and where were her births attended and by whom?
- How many mothers has she
delivered and how many were home births?
- Does she work alone? with
apprentices? other midwives?
- What happens if she must transfer
to the hospital?
- What is her transfer rate?
- What are her views on episiotomy?
What is her rate?
- How often do mothers have intact
How often do they require stitches?
Does she suture?
- When does she go on vacation?
Does she have a back-up if something happens during her absence?
- What is her fee. What does this
include? When does it have to be paid?
- Ask when she attended her last
Ask to be given their names and phone numbers as references.
Home | Articles | Postcards | Dear Mother| Pregnant| Pooh| Off the Line| Books
Homebirth | Circumcision| Tea| Litters| M2M| Bulletin Board | E-Mail | Guestbook
Subscriptions are $12 a year,
$20 for two years
Lifetime Subscription: $100
Bulk Subscriptions (5 magazines each issue) $22 a year or
$35 for 2 years
Send your check and/or any mail to:
The Compleat Mother Magazine
Richmond, Illinois 60071
Phone: (815) 678-7531